Keep those valuable nutrients on your own property
A leaf layer…
- Creates an ecosystem where many insects & animals will find warmth, shelter and winter food. Check out these Freezable Frogs who rely
on a leaf layer for winter survival.
- Reduces the use of fossil fuels to transport leaves to an off-site composter.
- Reduces the cost of purchasing them back next season as finished leaf compost.
- Prevents organic matter from entering the landfill, where it produces dangerous gases as it breaks down.
- Use shredded leaves as fall mulch.