- A leaf layer: a mini ecosystem on which many insects & animals depend for warmth, shelter and food in winter.
- Leaves break down into nutrient rich soil, a.k.a. “Black Gold.”
- Reduces the use of fossil fuels to transport them to an off-site composter.
- Reduces the cost of purchasing them back next season as finished leaf compost.
- Prevents organic matter from entering the landfill, where it produces dangerous gases as it breaks down
- A mulching lawn mower
- A weed whacker and a trash can
- Composting some whole leaves
- Left some leaves in place to provide a winter habitat for wildlife
I hope we inspire you to capture the “Black Gold” on your property!